Wednesday, November 29, 2006

«Speed of Meme»? Take that Einstein, speed of light sucks!

Scott Eric Kaufman tries to analyse the speed by which a meme spreads within the bloggosphere (awesome word, isn't it?) via his blog Acephalous and a technorati script. According to his post I'd probably count as one of the «low-traffic blogs» with my mere 10 and 3/5 readers, plus an insignificant amount of facebook junkies. Of course, I picked up the meme from the «high-traffic blog» The Disgruntled Chemist.

Hitherto the theory applies. However, I assert that I'll rise to the top one day. As soon as I win a Nobel Prize a lot of people will highly appreciate my randomness. This phenomenon can be observed quite frequently after the awards, when books filled cover to cover with platitudes and non-sense suddenly appear in all bestseller list, given that a Nobel Prize winner brought them to paper.

Update: I digressed again and forgot the real reason after all that waffling. If you want to take part in Scott's experiment, link to his post on Acephalous.

  • Write a post linking to this one in which you explain the experiment. (All blogs count, be they TypePad, Blogger, MySpace, Facebook, &c.)
  • Ask your readers to do the same. Beg them. Relate sob stories about poor graduate students in desperate circumstances. Imply I'm one of them. (Do whatever you have to. If that fails, try whatever it takes.)
  • Ping Technorati.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

« Home