Thursday, February 22, 2007

Slim-Fast your Western blots

Uli Müller from the University of Berlin suggest the dietary wonder-drink for blocking Western blots. One to four per cent Slim-Fast and 0.05% Tween in PBS or TBS buffer allegedly does the job better than any dry milk or BSA solution could do. Thus far, Müller only tried chocolate taste but is confident that banana and strawberry will be equally suitable.

Enough of random science. The PCR gods were benign and blessed me with loads of product without further optimisation and I'm currently experiencing the Midas-touch as everything works out immediately. Now, if I were behaving analogous to Rugby players on a winning spree I wouldn't change my underwear for the next week. Because I'm only an ordinary student, I'll simply celebrate this boon with a nice chilled pint.

Labels: ,

5 Comments:

Blogger Ψ*Ψ said...

Slim-Fast, hm? Wonder how they came across that???

1:24 am  
Blogger Mike said...

I have two theories: Either someone accidentally knocked the drink into a Petri-dish and wondered about the good results, or someone thought about the high soy-protein content and made a smart move. Or maybe it was a combination of both - appears as if all great scientific achievements were established with a certain degree of dishevelment. I call it the "sloppy sciences factor".

9:27 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, you will drink a pint to toast yourself, but not to say goodbye to an old friend? Priorities Mikey?

2:33 pm  
Blogger Mike said...

I was in the middle of my revision period. I was flirting with Alex, revising, cooking; how was I supposed to find time for you?

5:31 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well said.

6:22 am  

Post a Comment

« Home