Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Caught in routine

Almost every day appears to be the same since I've started my research. Despite daily lectures and steady progress in my research project, days become more similar as time passes by. A usual day starts with a lecture from 10-11am, followed by a rapid sprint to the lab to check transformation, set up digests, control PCRs etc. just to find myself in another lecture from 12-1pm and eventually do more plasmid construction work intercepted by many coffee breaks and gossip with my supervisor [1].

After a busy day of work I always leave the good old Darwin Building with a broad smile, happily whistling to my iPod music. The fact that I'll have to leave this great place in June casts a little shadow on my mind (sob), but I'm looking forward to (hopefully) getting to the US (and closer to my girlfriend).

I better get going on Oxbridge applications, otherwise I'll never get them finished. Cheerio!

[1] She's truly an exhilarating source of entertainment. Of course there's also Chris and his «girl research gang» that spice up the coffee breaks.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ψ*Ψ said...

WOW that's a long-distance relationship! How do the two of you manage to stay together?

12:15 am  
Blogger Mike said...

We haven't seen each other for more than half a year now. And that probably won't change until the summer. It's a tricky situation and the insane work-load my hun has to deal with in med-school adds some extra burden (I'm always amazed who she can live on a mere 4 hours of daily sleep). But hey, how did Bob Kelso say: "Nothing that's worth having comes easy.". I won't give up.

12:27 am  
Blogger Alchemyst said...

Be patient and you will be together.
My wife is away from me and I will see her only in summer, too

6:37 pm  

Post a Comment

« Home