Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I'm so proud of myself

Because I managed not to forget about the 30 quid cheque I was carrying around for over two months. I paid it in this morning. Apropos paying in cheques: do you have the same problems with those HSBC paying-in-slips? I remember that they sent me a personalised version in my first year. However, who the hell uses them anyway when there's a 0.001% chance of actually having to pay in a cheque. I will never understand what numbers on my debit card constitute my account number [1], so I keep asking my mates. Maybe I'll post a «How to: HBSC paying-in-slips».

Yesterday, I received a - in lack of a better word - «funny» email by the Illinois Institute of Technology. Apparently, I have agreed to get advertisement sent to my email address by taking the GRE test. If universities have to send out commercial emails to beg for students, something must be wrong with their reputation.

[1] Memo for myself: the last eight digits Mike, goddamn keep it in mind!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Ψ*Ψ said...

GRE spam is pretty strange, isn't it? I keep getting stuff from the University of Nebraska. What's in Nebraska? I don't want to go to Nebraska.

2:21 am  
Blogger Mike said...

Stone me, but I don't even know where Nebraska is. Illinois sounds a bit like region of Chicago, but I could be completely mistaken - I'm absolutely rubbish in North American geography (not that it was any better for South Amercia).

8:42 am  
Blogger Ψ*Ψ said...

Chicago's in Illinois, if that's what you meant...Nebraska's pretty much in the middle of nowhere :)

11:32 pm  
Blogger Mike said...

good to know *smirk*

Accodring to my friend studying at Duke in NC, Durham is in the middle of nowhere as well. "Nowhere" must be big ;-)

12:28 am  

Post a Comment

« Home