Sunday, November 19, 2006

Yeeeeha, I did it.

My first real paper-based application is finished and already on its way to Cold Spring Harbor, NY. I only wonder why royal mail employs persons in post offices that seemed to have come to this country on a floating door. I've never heard a worse accent in a public place where people ought to understand what the dude behind the glass window is actually saying since it might be crucial for the correct delivery.

I just realised that if I get interview invitation for all my desired programmes, I will be quite busy touring through the States. Groupies wanted!

Even though I was severely interrupted in my internet duties by regular fluctuations of connectivity and a damn slow blogger portal, I eventually managed to change my page design to something impressive (self-shoulder-pet). Amazing what a layman can make out of a DNA x-ray diffraction electron density map with The GIMP.

Update: Now that I'm using the library computer, I notice that MSIE6 screws up the design. Can't be bothered to search for the «faults». So everyone who uses the microcrap browser either change to version 7 or get Firefox/Opera (It's for your own good). If anyone uses Safari, could you please leave me a comment about how the page looks like. I haven't had a chance to test the layout with a Mac yet.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

I lika you :)

11:05 am  
Blogger Mike said...

Work in progress.

8:40 pm  

Post a Comment

« Home