Friday, November 03, 2006

So I finished my GRE general test

Here comes the real fun: the statements of purpose for 7 American and 4 British universities. Let's get skilled in the art of catchy, literate, entertaining and informative but not amusing, emotional or bombastic writing. Sounds for me like a paper about n HIV cure.

Something else: There's a hairl-dresser in Euston station with a very time efficient system. First you buy a voucher at a ticket machine (9£ for men), then you queue up, get your hair cut and finally they treat you with a «head-vaccum cleaner» to get rid of all those tiny pieces of hair that would drive you mad. Very innovative, quick and cheap.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Mike,
What was your core?

11:04 am  
Blogger Mike said...

Surprisingly good verbal part with 650. 780 on maths, but I completely screwed up the writing part with only 3.5 points (which places me in writing in the lowest 20%). I can get a first class degree and win a FEBS medal, but I can't write about generic topics. This was probably my downfall in the US applications.

1:25 pm  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:04 am  

Post a Comment

« Home