Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It was definitely worth seeing, if I could only get in...

As I wrote on Saturday I intended to go and see Steve Jones' lecture criticising creationism and intelligent design today. Unfortunately, approximately 5 Million other people had the same idea. Consequently, the Darwin Building was stuffed up to the ceiling and a thick queue was winding back outside on the pavement of Gower Street to the entrance of the Anatomy Building (~150m). Eventually, security locked up the Darwin lecture theatre. 250 lucky people were able to see the presentation - I wasn't ... Even my attempts to enter the lecture through the "secret" back entrance were unsuccessful.

The morale of this story: next time don't go home to have a snack for lunch!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lesson: Believe in God, not evolution.

4:25 pm  

Post a Comment

« Home