Wednesday, April 11, 2007

We just had a fire-alarm

... in my place. This is a pure procrastination blog entry. Thesis word count: 3300. Days until deadline: 12. Motivation: dependent on caffeine levels [1].

[1] That I'm writing about adenosine receptors is obviously a macabre joke. Well, at least I now know that it makes no sense to excessively drink small portions of coffee; gulping down a whole can is much more effective from a pharmacological point of view.

Update: It's now 2am and I managed to add amazing 500 words within the last two hours. Someday I'll have to work out the intricate relationship between the lack of daylight, excessive but concentrated caffeine consumption, and why my productivity increases by the factor ten when those criteria are met [2]. Good night, I'm going to listen to whatever story my matress is willing to tell me.

[2] Another hypothesis claims that it may have something to do with my roommate usually playing computer games during the day.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wonder how many words you think you'll count in the end.

7:56 pm  
Blogger Mike said...

The maximum limit set by the deparment is 6000 words and we are allegedly penalised for more than this. I think I will be able to squeeze it all into 5000 words without problems.

8:46 pm  

Post a Comment

« Home